A good handshake is crucial. And it can actually reveal much more about you that you may have thought. So, if you are about to go to a job interview, or a different important meeting, you should definitely read these tips on how to give a good handshake. And of course, practise a little, just to make sure that you got it right! Just ask you friend to tell you their opinion on your handshake. That way you will know how you stand and whether you need to make some improvement. But now, let´s get to it, shall we?
- So, how to start? Probably the best thing you can do is smile. Smile encouragingly, it will give the other person that good feeling about your peronality.
- Always stand up! And take your hands out of your pockets.
- Prepare your hand. It should be straight and in a vertical position.
- And, go for it! Do not squeeze the hand of the other person too firmly, but also not too softly.
- Make three pumps, and then release.
And that is it! Just do not forget to look into the eyes of the other person while shaking hands. It may sound scary right now, trying to remember all the things, however, once you try it, you will find it very easy.
So, what more can we say? Just good luck! We would definitely shake hands with you now, if we could.